Eight Decades of Invention & Innovation
The tools and practices we use have evolved, but our focus remains true to what Jack Corgan started back in 1938: turning an uncanny ability to anticipate client needs into powerful and responsive solutions. While the world continues to change, having the foresight to navigate it remains a constant for Corgan clients.
If the past is prologue, these Corgan firsts offer a look at our history as well as a glimpse of our future.
- First commercial use of the moving walkway in an airport
- First use of a monorail at an airport
- First to achieve LEED Silver status in two new airport buildings as well as the largest terminal in the U.S.
- First architectural firm to win the "American Business Ethics Award."
- First architecture firm headquarters to be WELL certified, achieving WELL Gold V.2.
- First use of interlocking doors to create independent "swing gates" in international and domestic airport operations
- First purpose-built, greenfield data center to be awarded LEED Gold Certification