- Size: 200,000 SF
- Number of students: 1,300
- Services provided: Full service planning, architectural and interior design services
- Project type: New construction
- Outstanding Project, Learning By Design (2018)
- TASA/TASB Star of Distinction (2018)
Connecting and engaging students through advanced career training.
The design team transformed the existing traditional aesthetic into a high-tech design that attracts prospective students and represents the dynamic activities within. A science deck allows robotics and STEM students to test their creations, and an herb garden caters to culinary students. Additionally, the master plan includes space for a dog run and criminal justice training. Public career pathways have a storefront presence along the central spine branded with varied materials, and include locations to showcase student work. Shared indoor-outdoor makerspaces connect industrial pathways. Large and small open areas fitted with USB outlets, writing and projection surfaces and flexible furnishings foster ongoing collaboration between students, promoting innovation and the development of interpersonal skills.